Monday, November 13, 2006

A year of travel
It's been quite the year of travel for me due to some wonderful wildlife guiding opportunities I was asked to take. It started with Argentina, the Falklands, South Georgia and Antarctica in February, then came the yearly Spitsbergen trip to show people polar bears in the high arctic of Europe, followed by my Alaska brown bear expedition (http://www.insightwildlife.com/katmai.htm) - all incredibly successful trips.



In October I headed to Japan for a conference about bear research and management and an opportunity to meet with fellow bear biologists about BEARTREK - the movie we are working on about bears of the world (www.BEARTREK.org). By the way, for anyone interested in an incredible guided trip to Japan, see this link to my friend's website - he runs a first class operation to some of Japan's wildlife and cultural hotspots. Following the Japan conference, there were more BEARTREK planning meetings in Thailand where we finalized a plan of action for location shoots, and talked in detail about the exciting new conservation organization we'll be starting (under which BEARTREK will be managed).


And just last week I got home from Scotland where I was checking out plans to bring boar, moose, wolves, and ultimately bears, back to an enclosed section of the wild Scottish Highlands. I'm planning to take a small group of people there in June 2007 to experience the wilderness and culture of Scotland during what should be the trip of a lifetime - all from the comfort of a luxury Highland lodge (www.alladale.com)! I'll be posting information to my website about the trip soon.

Watch this space for more news of my activities and how you can help global wildlife conservation! Thanks for checking in. Remember, the Insight web address is: www.insightwildlife.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home